At Hanson’s we strongly advise microchipping your pet to act as a permanent means of identification. The microchip is a tiny tag, approximately the size of a grain of rice that is implanted under the skin at the back of the neck.
- Great for cats that won’t wear a collar/dogs if slip the lead.
- It can be fitted from any age.
- Inexpensive (see prices page).
- Can be applied in a routine consultation time / implanted while they are asleep during operations for a slightly discounted rate (see prices page).
- The tag carries a unique code which is logged onto a national database along with your registered details.
- The code can be read by anyone with a scanner (e.g. veterinary surgeries, police kennels, rescue centres).
- Ensures you and your pet will be reunited if taken to a veterinary surgery /animal shelter for treatment.